Go to navigation (press enter key)

News

Students and families will celebrate the 31st annual “I Won’t Grow Up Day”, and raise awareness about child abuse, on April 16, 2011.

POUGHKEEPSIE, NY -- Vassar College students invite the public to the 31st annual “I Won’t Grow Up Day” on Saturday, April 16, 12:00-4:00pm in the College Center of Main Building. Once again led by the T.O.N.C.A. student organization (Together Opposing Neglect and Child Abuse), “I Won’t Grow Up Day” will transform the College Center into a carnival-like fair for big and little kids alike. The afternoon will be filled with free activities for local families and students, including arts and crafts, games, a bouncy castle, a petting zoo, face painting, educational displays, a cappella concerts, and circus performances by Vassar's Barefoot Monkeys troupe.

T.O.N.C.A. also holds "I Won't Grow Up Day" to raise awareness about child abuse. And while the event is entirely free, donations are encouraged to benefit the Dutchess County Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse. In 2010 T.O.N.C.A. donated $2,000 to the local non-profit agency, mostly due to the success of "I Won't Grow Up Day."

Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations at Vassar should contact the Office of Campus Activities at (845) 437-5370. Without sufficient notice, appropriate space and/or assistance may not be available. Directions to the Vassar campus are available at www.vassar.edu/directions.

Vassar College is a highly selective, coeducational, independent, residential liberal arts college founded in 1861.

Posted by Office of Communications Tuesday, April 5, 2011